Blogger Template by Blogcrowds and Blogger Styles

.

An October day.

It has been a hard couple weeks here in Christina land. Illness, misunderstandings, reconciliations, sadness, and long grey days. But in the midst of all that there has also been great love! I have had girlfriends I had just met offer to care for me, ( Like bring my soup and tea and help me!), an old friend come to my rescue last minute, driving all the way into the city to bring me to Urgent care, learned to fight fairly and be strong, and enjoy the watercolor lovliness of the rainy days so common in the Autumn in Pittsburgh.
But today was different, I had spent the night before chatting with a new friend in my Parisienne-esque apt. (I should really tell that story some day...and post pictures...it's lovely) sitting cross legged on the floor discussing life, learning and being strong in who we are growing into being...( still yes, after 30 years). This morning I woke, tired from the late night but refreshed, the frosty windows softly lit, and I was already smiling. The chilliness gave incentive to pull out my favorite velvet blazer and through it over leggings and boots. I skipped out of the house and up to the bus.
It's my mom's birthday today, and I can't wait for her to get what I sent her. My writing bug was tugging on my heart and mind, so pen to paper ( or mouse to screen, really) I went. Several stories at once flowing, and my favorite new online magazine inspiring...I got a couple paragraphs fired off. While doing that my chat pops open and I talk with an old acquaintance, and he encourages me in something I needed for a long while...new direction.
My soul stirred and I smiled, something had been missing lately...now I knew what it was. And, my writing was a big part of that. I needed a break, so off to lunch I went, and for a lovely continuing of how classy the day felt, I wandered down to the Crepes Parisienne and sat, cafe au lait in hand and people watched and wrote some more....it's been a great new day.

1 comments:

Sorry life has been melancholy but glad you had such a lovely day! Can't wait till you post the apartment photos.

October 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home