Blogger Template by Blogcrowds and Blogger Styles

.

Awakening....

Due to some gentle encouraging and a long night of writing on a novel (did I mention I write), I wandered over here to try and re-start my writing here as well...I have missed my meandering....
      After such a long hiatus, I fumbled around with different emails( Does that email even exist anymore!? ) and passwords ( How the heck would I know what the clue meant!?) and finally hacked back into my long dormant account. It's been an amazing year, one I should have definitely recorded more of!!!
       Last January, after one of the most amazing (and expensive meals of my life) and after getting comfy in PJ's and a cup of tea, saying Happy New Year to friends and family... Katie and I began to chat about resolutions. We had both been through quite a rough year, breakup's, illness, the loneliness of a single life....and had come through stronger and more graceful than before. We still wanted a change, but resolutions are horrible, they set you up for guilt and failure...and neither of us needed that this year...so we each decided on one word. This word would be an overarching word for the whole year...something to make us stop and remember. Mine was LIVE. I realized slowly, that through the daily struggle of life; singlehood in the city, career I never planned on, bills to be paid, dishes to be done and family far away, I had kinda put my head to pavement and forgotten to look up once in a while, and I love looking up! ( storm clouds and stars are favorites) ....can I just say, that word....best idea ever!! It has been an amazing year full of experiences I will never forget; great food, wine, laughter, books, living, loving, friendships, turning the big 30...I mean 25 ( yeah, yeah a lady never tells her age...), travel, new faces....basically, I got a life, and the sleeping beauty awakened. And for this introverted bookworm, that in itself was a side effect I had never planned on.... so stay tuned for more adventures and misadventures...:)
 


1 comments:

You must be busy. Post an update to let us know how living life is.

January 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home