After weeks of unending gray rain, the sun now makes its glorious debut…bringing warmth and light to the valley….
And to welcome the sunlight, all the roses in Lawrenceville have burst into bloom…and I mean all! This small bordering neighborhood buts up against the river and there are gardens and gardens full of blooming flora. Their riots of color against the usually gray foggy landscape is like walking through a watercolor painting in the mornings. And then there are all the roses, so many of them, in a myriad of beautiful soft colors…the regal tall red bushes climbing towards the sky (I have even seen one in a tree recently, very Sleeping Beauty as pointed out by Kate), the charming blushing pink tea roses, their soft glowing petals and scent filling the air, and the wild roses, bright yellow against their green foliage. It is very much like being in Sleeping Beauty , my favorite of the Princess Fairy Tales... Their large velvet petals opening up to the golden disk in the clear blue sky…their fragrance filling the air, and floating on the warm breeze through the open oak doors of the library mingling with the musky scent of the books, conjuring memories of long forgotten pasts, loves, secrets…all wrapped in paper and ink….I close my eyes and breathe deeply, and for a moment all is quiet and I do not hear the lawnmowers or chainsaws or rumbling trucks, but just the breeze fluttering pages, the slight rustle of a bird taking wing, and the scent of the roses….

0 comments:
Post a Comment