The return of the gray clouds that blanket the sky, making the world seem smaller and quieter. The bitter winds that make one clutch their coats and scarves around them, not looking at anything as they quickly walk away...all blurring into the mass of humanity that walks these streets. Somehow they lose their expressions when it gets cold...it makes things seem just that much more lonely and gray. When it is warm and sunny, people are more open, expressive and you seem to see more in each face...
The snow begins to fall in large soft flakes....and the hush descends as soon as the flakes fall.
So strange that hours ago I was listening to rain lull me into hitting the snooze button (again) and birds chirping hopefully as if to keep the impending snow at bay. But, alas...Winter has not given up her reign yet. I watch the snow soften the view from the windows at my desk, blur everything into that storybook world...kinda nice. The smile slowly spreads back onto my face...I think of the tea I am going to make at home and actually getting to read more than a chapter of the current book I hate putting down during my lunch break....going to be another cozy evening. Now, what to make for dinner?
Labels: Comfort, Smile, Spring Snow
0 comments:
Post a Comment